All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn recent years neuroscientists have discovered that the heart has its own intelligence, a complex independent nervous system that is referred to as the brain in the heart. Getting the heart into a positive rhythm can directly send a signal to the brain, allowing the two to synchronize and literally transform anger, frustration, and irritation into compassion, empathy, and calm. In Transforming Anger, we learn how thoughts and feelings get stored in the nervous system and create cellular triggers of irritation, frustration, and anger. We then learn how to get beyond the mechanical negative pull of these triggers. The authors teach us to control our heart rhythms using a 60-second freeze-frame technique: an exercise that calms the mind, synchronizes the nervous system, and increases the level of internal coherence, so that we can clearly and quickly see the options for dealing with anger. This technique can be used anytime and anywhere, and puts us in a zone in which we are able to feel calm, compassionate feelings for ourselves and for others. For lasting change, we learn to build emotional assets; depersonalize the actions of others, identify resistance to change, and keep the practice going.
- Author BiographyDoc Childre is the founder and chairman of the scientific advisory board of the Institute of HeartMath, the chairman of HeartMath LLC, and the chairman and CEO of Quantum Intech. He is the author of seven books and a consultant to business leaders, scientists, educators and the entertainment industry on Intui-Technology[registered].
- Author(s)Deborah Rozman,Doc Childre
- PublisherNew Harbinger Publications
- Date of Publication29/08/2003
- SubjectCoping with Problems & Illness
- Place of PublicationOakland, CA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNew Harbinger Publications
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight160 g
- Width192 mm
- Height150 mm
- Spine11 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.05
- AU $34.65Trending at AU $36.57
- AU $73.10Trending at AU $74.75
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.90
- AU $28.76Trending at AU $38.99
- AU $24.13Trending at AU $33.32
- AU $50.09Trending at AU $52.96
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.