All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $51.33
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $32.82Trending at AU $40.70
- AU $32.31Trending at AU $39.85
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $32.08Trending at AU $45.10
About this product
- DescriptionTransforming Public Education features nineteen cases that profile entrepreneurs who are pursuing opportunities to create pattern-breaking social change in our public schools. For nearly two decades, education entrepreneurs have been working to transform the K 12 public education system in the United States. Social entrepreneurship has become part of the language of a new generation of idealists, many of whom are focused on education. The nineteen cases in this book profile entrepreneurs who are pursuing opportunities to create pattern-breaking social change in our public schools in particular, by creating high-quality educational opportunities for low-income and mirity students who are dramatically underserved by the current public education system. Based on a popular course developed and taught at the Harvard Business School, this casebook is organized into four modules:
- Understanding the Context of Urban Schooling in the United States
- Tackling the People Problem
- Focusing on Performance
- Launching and Growing New Schools
- Why are there opportunities for entrepreneurs in a sector that is funded with public dollars and delivered by public agencies?
- Why is entrepreneurial activity aggregating around certain opportunities?
- What are the possibilities and constraints faced by entrepreneurs in each opportunity area?
- How can we evaluate the impact of these entrepreneurs efforts?
- Author BiographyStacey M. Childress is a senior lecturer in the General Management Unit at Harvard Business School and a cofounder of the Public Education Leadership Project at Harvard University.
- PublisherHarvard Educational Publishing Group
- Date of Publication15/01/2010
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHarvard Educational Publishing Group
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight1080 g
- Edited byStacey M Childress
- Format DetailsCloth over boards,Library binding,Cloth over boards,Sewn
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.