All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book provides a stimulating introduction to the concept of literary transgression which shows students how to interpret it from various theoretical standpoints and demonstrates its historical development.It offers a significant re-evaluation of the central concept of transgression and charts its cultural and historical development. It covers a broad range of literature from different historical periods including Epic verse and Gothic fiction. It provides detailed close readings of texts to aid students' understanding.Julian Wolfreys introduces students to the central concept of transgression, showing how to interpret the concept from a number of theoretical standpoints. He demonstrates how texts from different cultural and historical periods can be read to examine the workings of 'transgression' and the way in which it has changed over time.
- Author BiographyJULIAN WOLFREYS is Professor of Modern Literature and Culture at Loughborough University, UK. He has written and edited numerous books on nineteenth- and twentieth-century literature, and literary theory.
- Author(s)Julian Wolfreys
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication26/09/2008
- SubjectLiterary Theory
- Series TitleTransitions
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Note0
- Weight276 g
- Width138 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine11 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $111.65New
- AU $93.38Used
- AU $93.38New
- AU $101.47New
- AU $80.95New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.00
- AU $87.99Trending at AU $90.54
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.44
- AU $39.02Trending at AU $50.24
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $74.12
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.80
- AU $21.33Trending at AU $23.60
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.