All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.67Trending at AU $110.48
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.95
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $78.90
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $23.81
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $48.75
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.20
- AU $51.97Trending at AU $52.78
About this product
- DescriptionIn a groundbreaking approach to avant-garde Chinese art, the 1999 exhibition Transience: Chinese Experimental Art at the End of the Twentieth Century established a historical framework for current artistic production in China. Organized by the David and Alfred Smart Museum of Art at the University of Chicago, the show and its catalog highlighted the diverse responses of twenty-two artists to Chinas recent history and current social transformation. These detailed essays on the artists and their works are w available in a revised edition of the exhibition catalog. Written by Wu Hung, a leading authority and the curator of the exhibit, Transience explores contemporary Chinese art through the themes of demystification, ruins, and transience, and represents an original perspective in the continuing discussion on Chinese experimental art.
- Author BiographyWu Hung is the Harrie A. Vanderstappen Distinguished Service Professor in Chinese Art History at the University of Chicago.
- Author(s)Wu Hung
- PublisherThe University of Chicago Press
- Date of Publication11/04/2006
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Place of PublicationChicago, IL
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Chicago Press
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight716 g
- Width187 mm
- Height271 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.