All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.90
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.85
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.47
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.18
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $34.78Trending at AU $42.60
About this product
- DescriptionFifteen years ago, Shawn Johnson was a suicidal drug abuser working in Hollywood. He wondered if God could ever be a part of his broken life. To his surprise, finding God was t that difficult. But, growing closer to Him was ather story.Three weeks after giving his life to God, he relapsed, and almost over-dosed. He wanted to be closer to God, but he just had idea how to get there. As a result, his faith eventually floundered. He didn't kw what steps he should be taking to move closer to God. Embracing spiritual disciplines such as prayer, Bible study, healthy relationships, sharing his testimony, serving, and giving was a foreign concept to him; and therefore, out of reach. Shawn's hope is that Transit can keep people from losing faith in God today, the way he did then.Today, Shawn is the lead pastor of Red Rocks Church in Golden, Colorado, one of the fastest growing churches in the country according to Leadership Network. At Red Rocks, he regularly encounters people who (like him) have had mountaintop experiences with God, but then crashed and burned because they had idea how to move closer to Him. Time and time again, he has seen that his post-conversion experience is t an amaly.Shawn remembers what it was like to feel dazed and confused after a dramatic life transformation. He also kws how easy it is for long-time believers to fall into spiritual ruts where complacency, disillusionment, and frustration are the rm. In Transit, Shawn shares his personal journey in growing closer to God, uncovering disciplines that were critical to that journey, and invites each of us to ignite (or re-ignite) an authentic relationship with God, one that actually changes our lives today.
- Author BiographyShawn Johnson is the Lead Pastor at Red Rocks Church in the Denver Colorado area.He was part of a team of people who started the church in 2005.He has 3 boys 10 years old and younger, and has been married to his wife Jill for 14 years.He loves sports, motorcycles and competition of any kind. He lives to make Heaven more crowded.
- Author(s)Shawn Johnson
- PublisherBroadman & Holman Publishers
- Date of Publication01/08/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Place of PublicationNashville
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBroadman & Holman Publishers
- Weight259 g
- Width140 mm
- Height213 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.