All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis accessible guide is a must-have for teachers, curriculum designers, and school leaders, providing them with everything they need to kw about developing curriculum and instruction for the K-12 classroom. takes a unique approach to the topic of curriculum development by bringing together Lynn Erikson's Structure of Kwledge and Lois Lanning's Structure of Process to help educators create Common Core-aligned, concept-based curriculum across subject areas and grade-levels.
- Author BiographyH. Lynn Erickson, Ed.D., is an independent consultant assisting schools and districts with concept-based curriculum design and instruction. During the past 20 years Lynn has worked extensively with K-12 teachers and administrators on the design of classroom and district level curricula aligned to academic standards and national requirements. She was a consultant to the International Baccalaureate Organization for the development of the Middle Years Programme-the Next Chapter. Lynn is the author of three best-selling books, Stirring the Head, Heart and Soul: Redefining Curriculum and Instruction, 3rd edition (c)2008; Concept-based Curriculum and Instruction: Teaching Beyond the Facts, (c)2002; and Transitioning to Concept-based Curriculum and Instruction: How to Bring Content and Process Together, co-authored with Dr. Lois Lanning, (c) 2014, Corwin Press Publishers. This publication, co-authored with Lois Lanning and Rachel French is the 2nd edition of Lynn's popular book, Concept-based Curriculum and Instruction for the Thinking Classroom: Teaching Beyond the Facts. She also has a chapter in Robert Marzano's book, On Excellence in Teaching, (c)2010, Solution Tree Press. Lynn is an internationally recognized presenter/consultant in the areas of concept-based curriculum design, and teaching for deep understanding. She has worked as a teacher, principal, curriculum director, adjunct professor, and educational consultant over a long career. In addition to her work in the United States, Lynn has presented and trained educators across the world in different regions and countries including Asia, Australia, South America, Canada, the United Kingdom, Finland, Germany, the Netherlands, the United Kingdom, Switzerland, Austria, China, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates and Cyprus. Lynn currently lives in Everett, Washington with her family. She and Ken have two children, and two grandsons, Trevor and Connor, who continually stir her heart and soul. Lois Lanning, Ph.D., is an independent education consultant. She is a certified Trainer-of-Trainer Concept-based Curriculum Specialist with Dr. Lynn Erickson. She presents and works with districts at the international, national and state levels in the areas of literacy and Concept-Based Curriculum design. In addition to writing professional articles and teacher resources, Lois is also the author of the bestselling book, Four Powerful Strategies for Struggling Readers Grades 3-8: Small Group Instruction that Improves Comprehension, a joint publication between Corwin Press and the International Reading Association, c. 2009, Designing a Concept-based Curriculum in English Language Arts: Meeting the Common Core with Intellectual Integrity, K-12. Corwin Press, c. 2013, a chapter in The Best of Corwin: Differentiated Instruction in Literacy, Math, and Science, Leslie Laud, Editor, c. 201, Corwin Press, and co-author, with H.L. Erickson, of Transitioning to Concept-Based Curriculum and Instruction, Corwin Press, c.2014. Lois was a classroom teacher, K-12 reading consultant, special education teacher, elementary school principal, district curriculum director, adjunct professor, and finally, an assistant superintendent of schools for the last 12 years of her career in public schools. Lois is the recipient of numerous awards and recognitions. Her hobbies include reading, biking, hiking, and traveling. Lois currently lives in West Hartford, Connecticut with her husband. She has two children, and two grandsons, Christopher and Ryan, whom she absolutely adores.
- Author(s)H. Lynn Erickson,Lois A. Lanning
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication18/02/2014
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSAGE Publications Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight454 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $126.09New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.71New
- AU $93.44Used
- AU $101.53New
- AU $78.95New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.05
- AU $87.90Trending at AU $89.13
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.49
- AU $38.81Trending at AU $50.27
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $74.17
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.86
- AU $22.63Trending at AU $23.24
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.