All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.73
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionAlthough recent theory in multicultural education has ackwledged what has been called the new cultural politics of difference, problems concerning what actually passes for multiculturalism have been underexamined. Translating the Curriculum proposes that a new theoretical and practical lens through which to examine multicultural education is necessary and suggests that it may be found in cultural studies. Edgerton looks at pedagogy through structuralist and poststructuralist philosophy and social theory, literary criticism, literature, and autobiography. Using this interdisciplinary approach, tions of marginality, essentialism, identity and translation across difference are explored.
- Author BiographySusan Huddleston Edgerton is Assistant Professor of Education at the University of Illinois, Chicago.
- Author(s)Susan Huddleston Edgerton
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication02/01/1997
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight317 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine12 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.