All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume brings together contributions from academics, language teachers and practitioners from across Europe and beyond to discuss questions of automy and techlogy in the area of language learning and translation. The book focuses on English, French, Italian, Irish and Spanish language acquisition, but many of the essays also develop an interlinguistic perspective from a plurilingual point of view. The book opens with key contributions from a number of leading scholars: Dr Daniel Cassany on critical literacies, Professor Henrik Gottlieb on translation into 'mir' languages, and Professor David Little on automy in language learning. These are followed by explorations of translation, techlogy, intercultural issues, automous learning and the European Language Portfolio. The volume represents an important contribution to the development of new plurilingual approaches to language teaching and learning.
- Author BiographyPilar Alderete-Diez is a university teacher in Spanish at the National University of Ireland, Galway. She is currently completing a PhD in language learning and classroom research with the University of Valladolid. Laura Incalcaterra McLoughlin lectures at the National University of Ireland, Galway. She is co-director of the MA in Advanced Language Skills and teaches Italian language and translation. Labhaoise Ni Dhonnchadha is a Learning Technologist with specific responsibility for Modern Languages. She manages the multimedia language laboratories at the National University of Ireland, Galway. Dorothy Ni Uigin works in Acadamh na hOllscolaiochta Gaeilge at the National University of Ireland, Galway.
- PublisherPeter Lang AG, Internationaler Verlag der Wissenschaften
- Date of Publication07/08/2012
- SubjectEncyclopedias & General Reference
- Series TitleIntercultural Studies and Foreign Language Learning
- Series Part/Volume Number12
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- First Published2012
- ImprintPeter Lang AG, Internationaler Verlag der Wissenschaften
- Weight770 g
- Width150 mm
- Height225 mm
- Edited byLabhoise Ni Dhonnchadha,Laura Incalcaterra McLoughlin,Pilar Alderete-Diez
- Edition Statement1st New edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $16.08Trending at AU $23.34
- AU $69.60Trending at AU $91.10
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.55
- AU $24.13Trending at AU $28.00
- AU $41.84Trending at AU $50.31
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.93
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.71
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.