All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $39.15
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.66
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.32
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.16
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.17
- AU $34.71Trending at AU $42.51
About this product
- DescriptionThe recent emphasis in biomedical research on translational biology and personalized medicine is revolutionizing conceptual and experimental approaches to understanding and improving human health. Translational Biology in Medicine begins with an introduction to experimental model systems for disease, such as cell lines, primary cells, stem cells and animal models for disease, followed by a systematic description of genetic and gemic profiling and biomarker validation currently used in biomedical research. Examples of translation studies that have used these models and methods are presented, including studies in aging, tissue repair and chronic infection, each with an emphasis on how personalized medicine is transforming biomedicine. Bioethical considerations in translational study design and bioethical considerations in biomedical research are then covered, before concluding remarks, and a look towards the future of personalized medicine.
- Author BiographyDr Monty Montano is currently on the faculty at Harvard Medical School in the Department of Medicine. Dr Montano's laboratory is broadly interested in HIV infection, muscle wasting, fibrosis, and aging bioscience. Dr Montano is also the founder and president of MyoSyntax, a life sciences company focused on identifying personalized supplements that optimize gains in and reduce losses of muscle mass.
- Author(s)Monty Montano
- PublisherElsevier Science & Technology
- Date of Publication15/08/2014
- SubjectMedicine: General
- Series TitleWoodhead Publishing Series in Biomedicine
- Series Part/Volume Number41
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWoodhead Publishing Ltd
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight500 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine14 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.