All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.73
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionThis practical course is for anyone who would like to pursue technical translation in Italian and English, in such areas as legal, medical, financial or other kinds of n-literary documents (literary translation is a different discipline from technical). The course is based on practical experience of a major translation company which has been translating -- routinely and successfully -- Italian-into-English and English-into-Italian documents in all technical areas for almost twenty years. The assignments are taken from real-life documents which were translated by this company, with names and other information changed in some cases to protect proprietary information. Nothing sharpens translation skills more than the actual art of translating. But one needs an entry point, either into the technical translation field in general, or into new areas of translation, if one has already been doing one kind of technical translation, such as legal. This course provides the entry point. Includes CD-ROM.
- Author BiographyMorry Sofer is the founder of a major translation company in the Washington DC area, with 20 book translations and a dozen books on translation to his credit.
- Author(s)Morry Sofer
- PublisherSchreiber Publishing
- Date of Publication08/07/2004
- LanguageEnglish & Italian
- Place of PublicationRockville
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSchreiber Publishing
- Content Noteb/w illus
- Weight434 g
- Width270 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine10 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.