All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book explores the influences for ethpolitical groups to act internationally in advancement of their group interests. Yu-Wen Chen proposes an ecological approach to comprehend ethpolitical contention. In essence, she argues that transnationalizing the contention has the merit of raising the ethpolitical group's salience and helps to create niches that can demarcate one group from other claim-making groups in a society. Quantitative analysis of the primary data from the European Survey of Ethpolitical Groups (ESEPG) and qualitative case studies confirm that although some ethpolitical groups have presented their issues in the international arena, the domestic realm is still the main locus for ethpolitical contention to occur. Salience, resources, domestic and international opportunity structures affect ethpolitical groups' international engagement. This book is an essential volume for anyone interested in ethnic mobilization, social movements, and transnationalization.
- Author BiographyThe Author: Yu-Wen Chen received her Ph.D. in Political Sciences at the University of Konstanz in Germany in 2009. Her research interests include ethnic mobilization in Europe and China, ethnic conflicts, interest groups, and transnational advocacy networks.
- Author(s)Yu-Wen Chen
- PublisherPeter Lang GmbH
- Date of Publication01/10/2009
- SubjectCultural Studies
- Series TitleEuropaische Hochschulschriften / European University Studies / Publications Universitaires Europeennes Reihe 31: Politikwissenschaft / Series 31: Political Science / Serie 31: Sciences Politiques
- Series Part/Volume Number579
- Place of PublicationFrankfurt am Main
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintPeter Lang GmbH
- Content Note40, 14 fig., 26 tables
- Weight320 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Edition Statement1st New edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $48.97
- AU $35.07Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $30.67Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.