All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn what ways can mediated transnational protests express, however emergently or imperfectly, global civil society and global citizenship? How, in an increasingly fragmented and multilayered communications environment, can they contribute to a global public sphere? This book explores these and other major questions, examining protests and their transactions within and through today's complex circuits of communications and media worldwide. With contributions from leading theorists and researchers, this cutting-edge collection discusses protests focusing on war and peace, ecomy and trade, ecology and climate change, as well as political struggles for civil and human rights, including the Arab uprisings. At its core is a desire to better understand activists' invative uses of media and communications within a rapidly changing media environment, and how this is altering relations of communication power around the globe.
- Author BiographySimon Cottle is Professor of Media and Communications and Deputy Head of the School of Journalism, Media and Cultural Studies at Cardiff University. His latest books are Mediatized Conflict (2006) and Global Crisis Reporting (2009) and he is Series Editor of the Global Crises and the Media Series for Peter Lang publishing. Libby Lester is Associate Professor of Journalism, Media and Communications at the University of Tasmania. She has also worked as a journalist for a number of leading Australian newspapers and magazines. Her most recent book is Media and Environment: Conflict, Politics and the News (2010).
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication01/07/2011
- SubjectCommunication & Media
- Series TitleGlobal Crises and the Media
- Series Part/Volume Number10
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Content Note99, ill. and tables
- Weight540 g
- Width160 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byLibby Lester,Simon Cottle
- Edition Statement1st New edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $48.97
- AU $27.99Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $21.91Trending at AU $29.32
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.