Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.57
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $72.91
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $22.05
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.51
About this product
- DescriptionThe wider adoption of a post-modern understanding of truth and kwledge, an acceptance of the prevalence of Orientalism inherent in much Western research, and the diminished significance of the 'local' within the rhetoric of globalization have all combined to constrain comparative and transnational research under the weight of theoretical and methodological concerns. Transnational and Comparative Research in Sport addresses these difficulties in the context of sport studies, with the aim of developing typology which can be adopted to help re-establish meaningful transnational and comparative research. The book covers theoretical and substantive contexts and introduces a four-fold typology of approaches to comparative research, each supported by case studies and full discussion. .
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication07/11/2009
- SubjectGeneral Sport & Fitness Training
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight385 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Edited byIan Henry
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.