All listings for this product
About this product
- Description'Transnationalism' refers to multiple ties and interactions linking people or institutions across the borders of nation-states. This book surveys the broader meanings of transnationalism within the study of globalization before concentrating on migrant transnational practices. Each chapter demonstrates ways in which new and contemporary transnational practices of migrants are fundamentally transforming social, political and ecomic structures simultaneously within homelands and places of settlement. Transnationalism provides a much-needed single, clear and condensed text concerning a major concept in academic and policy discourse today. The book is for advanced undergraduate students, postgraduates and academics.
- Author BiographySteven Vertovec is Director of the Max-Planck Institute for the Study of Religious and Ethnic Diversity, Gottingen, Germany. He is co-editor of the journal Global Networks and editor of the Routledge book series 'Transnationalism'.
- Author(s)Steven Vertovec
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication27/03/2009
- SubjectInternational Relations
- Series TitleKey Ideas
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 9
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note2 black & white tables
- Weight226 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $48.97
- AU $35.07Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.99Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.38
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.