All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionRegulatory reforms in the EU's Eastern neighbourhood countries are t as sluggish as often perceived. Rule enforcement is happening despite the presence of domestic veto players who favour the status quo, the lack of EU membership perspective and the presence of Russia as an alternative governance provider. Using Ukraine as a primary case study, this book examines why convergence with transnational market rules varies across different policy sectors within the Eastern neighbourhood countries. It analyzes the drivers of regulatory change and explores the conditions under which post-Soviet ecomies integrate with international markets. In doing so, it argues that the impetus for regulatory change in the Eastern neighbourhood lies in specific strategies of domestic empowerment applied by external actors. Furthermore, through the study of the impact of Western and Russian transnational actors, the book concludes that Russia's presence does t necessarily hinder the integration of the EU's Eastern neighbours with international markets. Instead, Russia both weakens and strengthens domestic support for convergence with transnational market rules in the region. This book will be of key interest to students and scholars of European/EU studies and international relations, especially in the areas of regulatory politics, transnational governance, public policy, and post-Soviet transitions.
- Author BiographyJulia Langbein is Senior Research Fellow at the Center for European Integration at Freie Universitat Berlin, and Scientific Coordinator for the FP7 research project Maximizing the Integration Capacity of the European Union (MAXCAP). Her research interests include European integration and the comparative political economy of Eastern Europe.
- Author(s)Julia Langbein
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication18/12/2014
- SubjectPolitics: General & Reference
- Series TitleRoutledge/UACES Contemporary European Studies
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note14 black & white tables, 6 black & white line drawings
- Weight453 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine23 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $62.02New
- AU $5.82New
- AU $22.48New
- AU $33.47New
- AU $30.62New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $62.02
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.88
- AU $32.35Trending at AU $51.33
- AU $29.58Trending at AU $30.62
- AU $49.31Trending at AU $53.06
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $32.55
- AU $39.21Trending at AU $43.67
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.