All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOrgan transplantation has almost disappeared from headlines in the daily press, possibly because it failed to fulfill exaggerated expectations. Transplanta- tion pathology has become more and more important, t only with relation to therapeutic transplantations but even more in its fundamental theories. There is some analogy here to the development in space science where spectacular achievements were followed by sobering frustrations and where, for the time being, the effect on techlogy is more fruitful than the outcome of the original far-reaching projects. That transplant rejection was defined, in most of its stages, as an immulogic process, has given many new impulses to immulogy in general. Transplantation assays have become a pet experiment in immubiology and an abundant source of general information and kwledge. The implications of such a development could t be predicted when the present volume was outlined and planned. In accordance with the concept of WILLI MASSHOFF, general transplantion pathology was given a central position as a fundamental science, while the chapters on the transplantation of various tissues are of a more paradigmatic character. It was MASSHOFF who invited competent authors and who managed to balance their articles, despite some overlapping, so as to draw a comprehensive picture of contemporary transplanta- tion pathology. WILLI MASSHOFF died while he was editing the first manuscripts. As co-editors we have undertaken to complete the publication that we began together.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. KG
- Date of Publication12/11/2011
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Series TitleHandbuch der Allgemeinen Pathologie / Entwicklung, Wachstum, Geschwulste.
- Series Part/Volume Number6 / 8
- Place of PublicationBerlin
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. K
- Content Notebiography
- Weight1851 g
- Width170 mm
- Height244 mm
- Spine55 mm
- Edited byJohann W. Masshoff
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1977
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.03Trending at AU $36.60
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.92
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.49
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $40.07
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $35.13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.