Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.85
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionThe process of transnationalization in Europe is reflected in the growth of transport flows and the rapid development of new infrastructure facilities. The highly transport sector confronts policy makers with pressing challenges because some major environmental problems are attached to transport. Decision making in the field of transport and the environment is very complicated because of the complexity of the infrastructures themselves and because of the involvement of local actors in the decision making process. The central task of this book is to show how regions and countries deal with this complexity and the new challenges, different ways in which three small European countries face the many uncertainties and controversies surrounding infrastructural policies. Ecomical constraints, institutional and cultural factors are shown to interfere with the debates on transport-issues and the environmental risks attached to them. Each case-study describes the national characteristics of the transport sector and analyses in some detail one of the major controversies which recently arised around infrastructural projects.
- Author BiographyThe Editors: Marc Mormont is a professor at the Fondation Universitaire Luxembourgeoise. He is head of a pluridisciplinary team in the field of environmental sociology and economics. Current research concerns role of experts, public involvement in environmental policy, namely in sustainable development policy, and concerted management of nature. Gert Spaargaren is a staff member of the Sociology Department of the Wageningen Agricultural University. He specialized in environmental sociology and has published a number of publications on international environmental policy, environmental technology and environmental education. Susana Gomes is a sociologist, specialized in environmental sociology. She teaches and does research at the EIA / Universidade Atlantica in Portugal. She has done research in the field of environmental impact assessment and professionalisation of environment.
- PublisherPeter Lang GmbH
- Date of Publication01/09/1997
- SubjectTransport Industries
- Place of PublicationFrankfurt am Main
- Country of PublicationGermany
- First Published1997
- ImprintPeter Lang GmbH
- Content Note9 fig., 11 tab.
- Weight450 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Edited byMarc Mormont,etc.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.