Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $97.19+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $35.95+ AU $29.00 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.57
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $72.91
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $22.05
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.51
About this product
- DescriptionMass transportation has become central to the lifestyle of developed societies - but with what consequences for the environment and, ultimately, human health? Transport and the Environment investigates the major aspects of this emotive subject, with contributions from authors with international reputations for their research in the field. Discussions encompass air transport and its contribution to global pollution, the possible consequences of using hydrogen as a fuel, performance indicators and policy instruments for sustainable transport, the contamination of the atmosphere and surface waters by road vehicles, the impact of surface transport on climate, and the effects of transport pollutants on public health. This authoritative review of the current state of kwledge will be of great value to scientists, policy-makers and students on environmental science and engineering courses.
- Author BiographyThe series has been edited by Professors Hester and Harrison since it began in 1994. Professor Roy Harrison OBE is listed by ISI Thomson Scientific (on ISI Web of Knowledge) as a Highly Cited Researcher in the Environmental Science/Ecology category. He has an h-index of 54 (i.e. 54 of his papers have received 54 or more citations in the literature). In 2004 he was appointed OBE for services to environmental science in the New Year Honours List. He was profiled by the Journal of Environmental Monitoring (Vol 5, pp 39N-41N, 2003). Professor Harrison's research interests lie in the field of environment and human health. His main specialism is in air pollution, from emissions through atmospheric chemical and physical transformations to exposure and effects on human health. Much of this work is designed to inform the development of policy. Now an emeritus professor, Professor Ron Hester's current activities in chemistry are mainly as an editor and as an external examiner and assessor. He also retains appointments as external examiner and assessor / adviser on courses, individual promotions, and departmental / subject area evaluations both in the UK and abroad.
- PublisherRoyal Society of Chemistry
- Date of Publication01/07/2004
- SubjectEnvironment & Planning
- Series TitleIssues in Environmental Science and Technology
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 20
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintRoyal Society of Chemistry
- Content Note1, black & white illustrations
- Weight327 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Edited byR. E. Hester,R. M. Harrison
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.