All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.17
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.75
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.64
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.76
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.57
About this product
- DescriptionIdeal for undergraduate and graduate courses in traffic engineering and transportation planning,, Transportation Engineering: An Introduction, Third Edition covers a wide spectrum of topics drawn from such areas as transportation ecomics, land-use planning, traffic flow, geometric design, highway capacity and facility design, public transportation, energy considerations in urban transportation planning, evaluation of transportation projects, and safety issues. This book provides both students and practitioners with a variety of worked examples illustrating the basic concepts. Material from the latest Highway Capacity Manual (circa 2000) and the AASHTO Publications have been incorporated. The four appendices at the back of the book contain (A) a concise reference on the elements of engineering ecomics, (B) an introduction to probability and statistics, (C) useful statistical data from the Bureau of Transportation Statistics, and (D) conversion tables for units of measurement.
- Author BiographyC. Jotin Khisty received the Ph.D. degree in transportation systems engineering from The Ohio State University, Columbus. He has been a Professor of civil engineering and the Director of the Transportation and Infrastructure program at the Illinois Institute of Technology (IM, Chicago, since 1990. Before joining IIT, he was with the faculty at Washington State University, Pullman, from 1978 to1990, when he also served as the Deputy Director of the Washington State Transportation Research Center. He has had considerable field experience as a traffic engineer and transportation planner in Metropolitan Planning Organizations in the Midwest. He is the author of over 70 refereed publications and reports, related to transportation planning and systems thinking. Dr. Khisty is a registered professional engineer and a Life Member of the Amerkan Society of Civil Engineers, the Institute of Transportation Engineers, and Sigma Xi. B. Kent Lall received the Ph.D. degree in transportation and environmental planning from the University of Birmingham, England. Since 1977 he has been a Professor of civil engineering at Portland State University, Portland. Previously, he has also held teaching and research positions in Canada, Australia, New Zealand, and India. His research interests include traffic operations using video-imaging technologies and intelligent transportation systems and he has authored over 50 publications and reports. Dr. Lall is a registered professional engineer. He was awarded the Frank M. Masters Award in Transportation Engineering by the American Society of Civil Engineers during 1999. In addition to ASCE, he is active with the Transportation Research Board, the Institute of Transportation Engineers, and ITS America. He has chaired several committees and edited proceedings of specialty conferences.
- Author(s)B.Kent Lall,C. Jotin Khisty
- PublisherPearson Education (US)
- Date of Publication31/07/2002
- SubjectCivil Engineering & Environmental Engineering
- Place of PublicationUpper Saddle River
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPrentice Hall
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight1309 g
- Width183 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.