All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBased upon the author's own experiences this study explores the Israeli government's attitude to the West Bank and Gaza over a period of 30 years. The fools in the book's title refers t only to the Arabs who rejected Israeli peace offers but to the Israelis themselves.
- Author BiographyMajor General Shlomo Gazit, previously Weinstein, born to a family of Ukrainian Jewish immigrants in Israel was an officer in the Israel Defense Forces and head of Aman from 1974 to 1978. He served as the head of assessment in IDF intelligence before the Six Day War. Gazit's studies were interrupted in the summer of 1967, when he was appointed by Defense Minister Moshe Dayan to be in charge of a committee tasked with running the political, security, and later economic affairs in the newly captured territories. This group would be renamed The Unit for the Coordination of Operations in the Territories . After seven years, Gazit was promoted to head of Aman, which he held for four years.
- Author(s)Shlomo Gazit
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication01/04/2003
- SubjectPolitics: General & Reference
- Series TitleIsraeli History, Politics and Society
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFrank Cass Publishers
- Content Note1, black & white illustrations
- Weight635 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.22
- AU $24.97Trending at AU $34.99
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $34.74
- AU $39.51Trending at AU $40.18
- AU $40.67Trending at AU $41.34
- AU $36.57Trending at AU $37.25
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.