All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $50.62Trending at AU $53.30
- AU $32.81Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $31.98Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.06Trending at AU $45.25
About this product
- DescriptionFor the 4th edition of Trauma Biomechanics all existing chapters referring to traffic and sports have been revised and updated. New scientific kwledge and changes in legal defaults (such as rms and standards of crash tests) have been integrated. Additionally one chapter has been added where biomechanical aspects of injuries affected by high energies are communicated in a new way. The mechanical basics for ballistics and explosions are described and the respective impacts on human bodies are discussed. The new edition with the additional chapter therefore is addressed to a broader audience than the previous one.
- Author BiographyKai-Uwe Schmitt, PhD MEng MSc ICID, lectures trauma biomechanics and biomechanics of sports injuries at the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology (ETH Zurich). Peter F. Niederer is Prof. em. for Biomedical Engineering, ETH Zurich. His main interests include biomechanics, the heart and circulatory system and medical optics. Dr. Duane Cronin is an Associate Professor in the Department of Mechanical and Mechatronic Engineering with interests in blast and ballistic injury mitigation, cervical spine injury and high deformation rate material characterization. Markus Muser, Ph.D., is the co-founder and present director of AGU Zurich; he works in trauma-biomechanics since 1993. His main interests are research on WAD, safety of vulnerable road users and safety of low mass vehicles. Felix H. Walz, M.D., was Professor of Forensic Biomechanics at the University of Zurich. He is the co-founder and former director of the Working Group on Accident Mechanics in Zurich (AGU) and member of IRCOBI Council.
- Author(s)Duane S. Cronin,Felix Walz,Kai-Uwe Schmitt,Markus H. Muser,Peter F. Niederer
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. KG
- Date of Publication11/02/2014
- SubjectMechanical Engineering
- Place of PublicationBerlin
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. K
- Content Note111 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight555 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Edition Statement4th Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.