All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Lefaivre Rainbow Effect is a groundbreaking treatment for those suffering from a traumatic brain injury (TBI). This strategy is different from most others because it is individually designed for each client and focuses on the cognitive retraining of the brain based on pre-injury lifestyle as well as the organic damage to the brain, rather than the disability alone. Starting in the community, after the acute and in-patient rehabilitation phases of recovery have been completed, the Lefaivre Rainbow Effect maximizes the recovery process by positioning the TBI survivor to be a motivated participant in the arduous journey of recovery. Key features: * Provides tools and templates for managing the individualized treatment and integration process, including additional material available for download * Addresses physical, emotional, and cognitive deficits with a strong influence on participation in life activities * Includes the unique theory of the traumatically induced dysfunctional family, with the aim to preserve the family unit and reduce the overall loss for the survivor of brain injury * Features a practical approach, including chapter summaries, case studies, diagrams, and templates * Offers guidance on producing an Independent Medical Evaluation and preparing effectively for cross examination in recognition of the adversarial aspect of many TBI cases This essential text demonstrates how rehabilitation professionals, including occupational therapists, doctors, nurses, social workers, speech pathologists, and neuropsychologists, can use the Lefaivre Rainbow Effect in their practices to improve therapeutic outcomes for their clients.
- Author BiographyChristine Lefaivre O.T.(C) is a registered occupational therapist, President of Rainbow Rehabilitation Inc., and a clinical Assistant Professor at the University of British Columbia, Canada.
- Author(s)Christine Lefaivre
- PublisherApple Academic Press Inc.
- Date of Publication28/07/2014
- SubjectMedical Nursing & Ancillary Services
- Place of PublicationOakville
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintApple Academic Press Inc.
- Content Note196 black & white illustrations, 32 black & white tables
- Weight839 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.30New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $30.36New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $125.99Trending at AU $127.76
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $30.36
- AU $61.61Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $24.60Trending at AU $30.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.