All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTraveling Lights is the second volume in a series of five books by the photographer Xavier Guardans. Traveling Lights is also an ongoing photographic series with over 200 works in total, all an investigation of minimalism and light in diverse environments. The series began in Egypt in and it was developed over ten years in nearly a dozen countries including Kenya, Belize, China, Senegal, Vietnam, Spain, Argentina and the United States among others. Guardans, who lives and works in Brooklyn, lived in Japan for two years in the late 1980's, and this experience was a turning point for the photographer. It helped him to turn down the volume of his past environments and hone his sensitivity to finding the beauty in simplicity. Since that time, Guardans always took his Rolleiflex and colour film with him, ready to respond to his ever changing landscapes. Naturally, light became the constant motif in his travels. He tes that Photography is painting with light. Everything else comes after that. It's the light that dominates the whole story . Using light, the fourty full-colour images selected for Traveling Lights weave a poetic visual narrative between seemingly disparate environments; stoney mineral deposits found in the glaciers of Patagonia parallel with dried brush found in Minnesota or Kenya creating complex textures and connections.
- Author(s)Xavier Guardans
- Date of Publication06/01/2015
- Place of PublicationBologna
- Country of PublicationItaly
- First Published2015
- Weight1010 g
- Width280 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsCloth
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.68Trending at AU $42.56
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.64
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.