All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $70.99
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.73
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.29
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.09
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $36.97
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.76
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $85.59
About this product
- DescriptionBringing Americans together by bus for 100 years, Greyhound is one of the top iconic names of the Twentieth Century with their running dog logo. It all started with Carl Wickman and partners when they offered a fare of 15 cents one way or 25 cents round-trip between Alice and Hibbing Minnesota, in a large Hupmobile -which was a hit amongst the iron mine workers. The business quickly prospered and eventually became the empire that it is today. Greyhound's goal of providing city to city service helped lead the country in bus travel, allowing the public a chance to sight-see coast-to-coast and border-to-border, visit far-away loved ones, or escape to vaster lands with greener pastures. By expanding bus lines, building bus depots and Post Houses, and with outstanding promotional efforts, Greyhound pioneered an industry. As the full story of the Greyhound company unfolds, the book is illustrated with wonderful old bus photos, artistic ads and timetables that depict a more fanciful era (one that made riding on a Greyhound romantic) and then takes a journey through the eras that follow (like the one with the famous Scenicruiser) and into today's modern buses.
- Author BiographyAn avid reader and researcher, Robert Gabrick became interested in trucks and all things mechanical at an early age. Since then Mr. Gabrick went on to become a history teacher, researcher, and writer. He has been awarded 26 separate fellowships and grants for his historical research and papers. About his current truck research, Mr. Gabrick said, The subject is really about history...it is important to preserve the history of these topics. His latest books have earned him the well deserved nickname The Caption King for his well-researched, informative captions.
- Author(s)Robert Gabrick
- Date of Publication01/09/2014
- SubjectRoad & Motor Vehicles: General Interest
- Place of PublicationHudson, WI
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Note20 col 150 bw
- Weight499 g
- Width210 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine10 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.