Travels Through Germany, Switzerland, Italy, and Sicily, Vol. 1 of 2: Translated from the German of Frederic Leopold Count Stolberg (Classic Reprint) by Thomas Holcroft (Paperback / softback, 2015)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $35.98Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $69.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionExcerpt from Travels Through Germany, Switzerland, Italy, and Sicily, Vol. 1 of 2: Translated From the German of Frederic Leopold Count Stolberg He who has written, or he who has but translated, a book finds a strong impulse, if he knew how, to convey to the reader the conceptions he has entertained of himself during his progress, the labour he has sustained, the acumen he has displayed, and the difficulties he has overcome. But of what import is it, to the reader, though he may have turned over a thousand volumes a thousand times; to detect, to elucidate, or to escape error? And, if ten thousand of these errors have been thus escaped, should any remain, he is still accountable: he is still interrogated on his igrance; and asked why he did t turn over more books, and take care to be better informed? A man unused to the rigorous discipline will be impatient under it: he, who is become a veteran in this just and necessary sufferance, will allow it to be both inevitable and wholesome: wholesome to himself, more wholesome still to others; and, reflecting that error is unlimited, and that mortal labour must have its boundary, will smile instead of being angry at that which he has the presence of mind to recollect is t wholly to be avoided. About the Publisher Forgotten Books publishes hundreds of thousands of rare and classic books. Find more at www.forgottenbooks.com This book is a reproduction of an important historical work. Forgotten Books uses state-of-the-art techlogy to digitally reconstruct the work, preserving the original format whilst repairing imperfections present in the aged copy. In rare cases, an imperfection in the original, such as a blemish or missing page, may be replicated in our edition. We do, however, repair the vast majority of imperfections successfully; any imperfections that remain are intentionally left to preserve the state of such historical works.
- Author(s)Thomas Holcroft
- PublisherForgotten Books
- Date of Publication27/09/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintForgotten Books
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight739 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine29 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Save on Travel Guides
- AU $53.94Trending at AU $59.15
- AU $17.95Trending at AU $25.89
- AU $29.89Trending at AU $32.53
- AU $18.42Trending at AU $29.74
- AU $11.95Trending at AU $14.85
- AU $17.64Trending at AU $23.72
- AU $10.36Trending at AU $19.41
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.