All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.01Trending at AU $36.67
- AU $47.84Trending at AU $48.79
- AU $32.52Trending at AU $40.62
- AU $30.43Trending at AU $31.22
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.88
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $26.56Trending at AU $29.34
About this product
- DescriptionTravels of Dursmirg: Summers at Daufuskie: This was t a fling. Jane and John got out of life's busy trap. Gone fishin' instead of just a wishin' became a reality. Cruise with John and Jane aboard their 46-foot sailboat to the Sea Islands of Florida, Georgia, and South Carolina. Meet the people of Daufuskie Island, a place where there are more ox carts than automobiles. Discover the riches and history of the Golden Isles of Georgia: Amelia Island, Cumberland Island, Jekyll Island, St. Simons Island, Sapelo Island, St. Catherines Island, and the coastal cities that are part of these special Sea Islands. Discover a sanctuary you can enter from the sea, secluded anchorages, magnificent beaches, bountiful fishing, pristine islands, and friendly fun-loving people. Looking for a new frontier-John and Jane found it. They slowed down and took te of what was around them. They said to the world's empty expectations. John and Jane weren't going to be surviving just to buy something shiny and struggling to support the market place. Life is too short to be caught in that depression. There would be seconds of their lives to waste. For them, being taught how to fish was a gift that kept on giving. A section of this book is devoted to Jane's best Recipes from the Galley of Dursmirg featuring Southern cooking and Sea Island seafood. These are the best of the best of fresh from the sea culinary delights. Travels of Dursmirg: Summers at Daufuskie is also published as Sailing the Sea Islands: Travels of Dursmirg, Volume 2. Both books have been updated, upgraded, and reformatted for easy reading, and eliminating verbal detritus. Travels of Dursmirg: Summers at Daufuskie is humorous, entertaining, witty, and informative.
- Author BiographyJohn M. Grimsrud lives with his wife Jane in Merida, Yucatan, in an ecologically friendly home of his own design. He has been biking, photographing, exploring, and writing about the Yucatan for over twenty-five years. Prior to seeking a new life of adventure in Yucatan, Mexico, John and his wife lived aboard their home built 46- foot sailboat Dursmirg for many years. John has published Travels of Dursmirg, a four book series about his life aboard Dursmirg. His books are available in paperback and Kindle editions online at Amazon and through most booksellers throughout the world.
- Author(s)John M Grimsrud
- Date of Publication10/05/2010
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectBiography: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight268 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Illustrator(s)Jane A Grimsrud
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.