Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $20.93+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.17Trending at AU $46.87
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $23.77Trending at AU $25.71
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $32.10Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.60
About this product
- DescriptionHaving survived Borneo, Amazonia, and the Congo, the indefatigable Redmond O Hanlon sets off on his next adventure: his own perfect storm, in the wild waters off the rthern tip of Scotland. Equipped with a fancy Nikon, an excessive supply of socks, and seamanship whatsoever, O Hanlon joins the commercial fishing crew of the Norlantean, a deep-sea trawler, to stock a bottomless hull with their catch, even as a hurricane roars around them. Rich in oceagraphy, marine biology, and uproarious humor, Trawler is Redmond O Hanlon at his finest.
- Author BiographyA fellow of the Royal Geographical Society and the Royal Society of Literature, Redmond O Hanlon was the natural history editor of The Times Literary Supplement for fifteen years. He lives near Oxford, England, with his wife and their two children. Among contemporary travel writers, according to The Washington Post, he has the best nose for the globe s precious few remaining blank spots . . . Long may he trudge and paddle. The following books by O Hanlon are available in Vintage paperback: Into the Heart of Borneo A learned and sensitive book as well as a knockabout farce. The New York Review of BooksIn Trouble Again: A Journey Between the Orinoco and the Amazon When Evelyn Waugh . . . and Graham Greene traveled, the going was still rough . . . Redmond O Hanlon, hacking his way up an unmapped tributary of the Amazon, fearful (and not without good reason) of ending his days in someone s cooking pot, has managed to keep that tradition alive. Jonathan Raban No Mercy: A Journey into the Heart of the Congo Old-fashioned, gut-wrenching, real-life adventure . . . As much an inner journey that explores fear, religion, magic and childhood as it is a dangerous trek into the depths of the jungle. Time From the Hardcover edition.
- Author(s)Redmond O'Hanlon
- PublisherRandom House USA Inc
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectEarth Sciences
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRandom House Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight386 g
- Width133 mm
- Height206 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.