All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTreacherous Beauty is the first popular biography of an eighteenth-century society girl named Peggy Shippen-close friend of a British spymaster and wife of Benedict Arld-and how she was instrumental to the treasous plot to sabotage the American Revolution.
- Author BiographyStephen H. Case is managing director and general counsel of Emerald Development Managers LP. He also is chairman of the board of Motors Liquidation Company, the non-government-owned remnant of General Motors Corporation. Case has been an adjunct professor at Georgetown University Law Center in Washington, D.C. To satisfy his personal curiosity, Case has made himself an expert in the Peggy Shippen story, reading all available histories that examine her story and tracking down Peggy's letters at various historical societies. He is a member of the board of the American Revolution Center. Mark Jacob, deputy metro editor at the Chicago Tribune, was part of the team that won the 2001 Pulitzer Prize for explanatory journalism. He is author of the newspaper's 10 Things You Might Not Know history feature. He is co-author of What the Great Ate.
- Author(s)Mark Jacob,Stephen Case
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication01/05/2012
- SubjectRegional History
- Place of PublicationOld Saybrook
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGlobe Pequot Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight32 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine28 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.40
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.73
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.12
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.27
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.08
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $39.86
- AU $34.15Trending at AU $34.94
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.