All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTreasure Island is one of the best-loved children's stories of all time but is a wonderful adventure story that can be enjoyed at any age.When Jim Hawkins finds a pirate's treasure map in an old sailor's sea trunk the local doctor and squire take him with them to find the island and the treasure. But Long John Silver, with his missing leg and talking parrot, has his own ideas about who should find the treasure.Illustrated by H M Brock, with an Afterword by Sam Gilpin.
- Author BiographyRobert Louis Stevenson was born in Edinburgh in 1850, the only son of an engineer, Thomas Stevenson. Despite a lifetime of poor health, Stevenson was a keen traveller, and his first book An Inland Voyage (1878) recounted a canoe tour of France and Belgium. In 1880, he married an American divorcee, Fanny Osbourne, and there followed Stevenson's most productive period, in which he wrote, amongst other books, Treasure Island (1883), The Strange Case of Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde, and Kidnapped (both 1886). In 1888, Stevenson left Britain in search of a more salubrious climate, settling in Samoa, where he died in 1894.
- Author(s)Robert Louis Stevenson
- PublisherPan Macmillan
- Date of Publication01/02/2004
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintMacmillan Collector's Library
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight189 g
- Width100 mm
- Height157 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edition StatementMain Market Ed.
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $52.84
- AU $12.13Trending at AU $16.69
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $74.66
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $20.43
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $30.90
- AU $47.08Trending at AU $49.27
- AU $21.78Trending at AU $22.55
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.