Treating Co-Occurring Disorders: A Handbook for Mental Health and Substance Abuse Professionals by Sharon C. Ekleberry, Edward L. Hendrickson, Marilyn S. Schmal (Hardback, 2004)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $181.51+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $17.95+ AU $50.00 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $50.62Trending at AU $53.30
- AU $32.81Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $31.97Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.04Trending at AU $45.25
About this product
- DescriptionIn the real world, caseloads include clients with substance abuse, psychiatric, and co-occurring disorders. Here you'll find reliable information and informative case examples to help you manage your caseload more effectively! Caseloads that include mental health, substance use, and co-occurring disorders are becoming more and more common, yet most texts in this area focus on one specific type of disorder. This unique handbook reflects the reality facing mental health and substance abuse professionals in their daily practices, focusing on how to effectively manage caseloads that include individuals with vastly differing levels of functioning. Providing diagstic criteria, treatment regimens, and a great deal more, Treating Co-Occurring Disorders: A Handbook for Mental Health and Substance Abuse Professionals is an exceptional single source for useful information on handling all of these types of cases and clients. Treating Co-Occurring Disorders: A Handbook for Mental Health and Substance Abuse Professionals describes the psychiatric and substance use disorders that commonly co-occur and examines the evolution of co-occurring concepts and treatment. It provides an overview of relapse prevention and symptom management models for use with clients with co-occurring disorders and ather covering mental health and substance abuse recovery movements. Treating Co-Occurring Disorders: A Handbook for Mental Health and Substance Abuse Professionals will bring you closer to topics that impact day-to-day practice, including: * conducting comprehensive assessments for individuals with psychiatric and substance use symptoms * providing individual, group, family, and case management interventions for clients of differing levels of function who exhibit psychiatric and substance abuse symptoms * identifying standard interventions for all clients with co-occurring disorders * measuring change and establishing reasonable treatment outcome performance standards for these clients * supervising staff who work with multifarious caseloads From the authors: Currently, most mental health and substance abuse professionals are aware of how to effectively assess and treat individuals with diagses for which they were trained. However, few therapists exclusively have clients who manifest only psychiatric or substance abuse symptoms. This book provides information and case examples concerning how to effectively manage a caseload composed of individuals with substance abuse, psychiatric, and co-occurring disorders. It presents strategies for providing comprehensive assessments for these individuals. Additionally, it describes how to provide effective case management as well as individual, group, and family treatment for individuals with multiple disorders and levels of function, and provides information on interacting effectively with the mental health and substance abuse recovery communities. Tables, figures, and a generous portion of intriguing case descriptions will help you apply the information in this useful volume to your own work.
- Author(s)Edward L. Hendrickson,Marilyn S. Schmal,Sharon C. Ekleberry
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication26/03/2004
- SubjectMedicine: General
- Place of PublicationBinghamton
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHaworth Press Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight566 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.