All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionChildren with nverbal learning disabilities (NVLD) have needs that can take many forms and may, over time, require consultation and collaboration with professionals from several fields. Given that multiple specialists may be involved in working with children with NVLD - as well as the array of treatment variables - even seasoned practitioners may find themselves in confusing situations. Treating NVLD in Children takes a developmental view of how the problems and needs of young people with nverbal learning disabilities evolve and offers a concise guide for professionals who are likely to contribute to treatment. Expert practitioners across specialties in psychology, education, and rehabilitative therapy explain their roles in treatment, the decisions they are called on to make, and their interactions with other professionals. Collaborative interventions and teamwork are emphasized, as are transitions to higher learning, employment, and the adult world. Among the book's key features are: * A new four-subtype model of NVLD, with supporting research.* A brief guide to assessment, transmitting results, and treatment planning.* Chapters detailing the work of psychologists, therapists, coaches, and others in helping children with NVLD.* Material specific to improving reading, writing, and mathematics. * Overview of issues in emotional competency and independent living. * An instructive personal account of growing up with NVLD. Treating NVLD in Children: Professional Collaborations for Positive Outcomes is a key resource for a wide range of professionals working with children, including school and clinical child psychologists; educational psychologists and therapists; pediatricians; social workers and school counselors; speech and language therapists; child and adolescent psychiatrists; and marriage and family therapists.
- Author BiographyJessica Broitman, Ph.D., (Co-editor) is the co-author of Nonverbal Learning Disabilities in Children: Bridging the Gap Between Science and Practice (2011). She is the President emeritus of the San Francisco Psychotherapy Research Group and Executive Director of its Clinic and Training Center. She frequently lectures on Weiss's Control Mastery Theory worldwide. Currently a psychoanalyst in private practice since 1980, she has worked with families who have learning-disabled children for more than 10 years. She is currently involved in several research projects concerning the treatment and understanding of NVLD and has a special interest in helping professionals and families understand and treat this disorder. She is available for consultations and can be reached at: firstname.lastname@example.org. John M. Davis, Ph.D., (Co-editor) is the co-author of Nonverbal Learning Disabilities in Children: Bridging the Gap Between Science and Practice (2011). He is currently a Professor at California State University, East Bay, and Chair of the Educational Psychology Department, where he teaches and supervises. He received his Ph.D. from the U.C. Berkeley School Psychology program and did clinical postdoctoral studies to become a licensed psychologist. He has a special interest in learning and developmental disorders having been the director of a school and clinic for students with learning disabilities for 13 years, which provided diagnostic and intervention services. His current clinical work is primarily with children and adults with learning disorders. His writing and research interests include articles and book chapters in the areas of mental health consultation, suicide/crisis intervention, and learning disorders. He is available for consultation and evaluations can be reached at: email@example.com.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication05/03/2013
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight742 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Edited byJessica Broitman,John M. Davis
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.65Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.10Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.93
- AU $28.76Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $24.13Trending at AU $33.36
- AU $50.09Trending at AU $53.01
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.