All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWidely adopted, this state-of-the-art text and clinical resource captures the breadth of current kwledge about substance abuse and its treatment. For each of the major evidence-based treatment approaches, a chapter on basic assumptions and theories is followed by a chapter on clinical applications, including illustrative case material. Expert contributors cover motivational, contingency management, cognitive-behavioral, 12-step, family, and pharmacological approaches. Concluding chapters discuss effective ways to integrate different treatments in a range of clinical settings. New to This Edition*Reflects significant advances in research and clinical practice. *Chapter on the biology of substance use disorders. *Chapter on an additional treatment setting: primary care.*Chapter on case management.
- Author BiographyScott T. Walters, PhD, is Professor of Behavioral and Community Health in the School of Public Health at the University of North Texas Health Science Center. His research focuses on the use of motivational interviewing and other brief interventions to help people make changes in substance abuse and other problem behaviors. Widely published, Dr. Walters has acted as a consultant for several agencies; is a frequent speaker to university, community, and medical groups; and has received national and international awards for his work integrating research and practice. Frederick Rotgers, PsyD, ABPP, is Director of the Program for Motivation and Change at the Graduate School of Applied and Professional Psychology, Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, and a psychologist in independent practice. He is a Fellow of the American Psychological Association (APA), is a past president of the Society of Addiction Psychology (APA Division 50), and is certified in clinical and cognitive and behavioral psychology by the American Board of Professional Psychology. The author or editor of numerous books on the assessment and treatment of substance use disorders, Dr. Rotgers is American Editor-in-Chief of the journal Addiction Research and Theory.
- PublisherGuilford Publications
- Date of Publication12/11/2013
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGuilford Publications
- Content Noteblack & white tables
- Weight602 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Edited byFrederick Rotgers,Scott T. Walters
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.55
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.88
- AU $32.77Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $40.12
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $31.39
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $16.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.