All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.90
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.85
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.47
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.18
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $34.77Trending at AU $42.60
About this product
- DescriptionTreating Traumatic Stress in Adults is a resource for therapists of all disciplines for use in the treatment of adults suffering from post-traumatic stress. By reading this unique synthesization of information on the most current trauma treatments and expressive writing exercises, practitioners will gain an integrative and practical set of tools for treating post-traumatic stress. Also included are numerous diverse case vignettes, exercises for building trust in the patient/client relationship, and sections dedicated to exploring the client's thought patterns and emotions to provide an opportunity for exposure, healing, and restructuring maladaptive beliefs.
- Author BiographyStephanie Field, PsyD, is a licensed clinical psychologist at the Counseling and Psychological Services department at the University of Hartford and sits on the Board of Directors for the Connecticut Psychological Association. She has worked primarily with adults and young adults, specializing in substance use disorders, traumatic stress, and expressive writing therapy. Kathy McCloskey, PhD, PsyD, ABPP-CL, is a research psychologist, a licensed clinical psychologist, a Diplomate of the American Board of Professional Psychology, and a professor at the University of Hartford Graduate Institute of Professional Psychology in Hartford, CT. She is the co-author of two books (Backs Against the Wall: Battered Women's Resistance Strategies and A Sexuality and Gender Diversity Training Program), and has published over 70 peer-reviewed scholarly papers over her 30-plus year professional career. Her specialties include feminist psychology, multicultural and diversity issues, intimate partner violence, trauma, forensic populations, and the training of doctoral-level clinical psychologists.
- Author(s)Kathy A. McCloskey,Stephanie Field
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication27/10/2015
- SubjectPsychiatry & Clinical Psychology: Professional
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note2 black & white tables
- Weight248 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine10 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.