All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.81Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $31.32Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.00Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $14.60Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionInformed by the latest research and written by two of the leading authorities in the field, this invaluable resource presents step-by-step guidelines for assessing and treating sexual assault survivors suffering from PTSD. The book provides a clear review of the treatment literature and guides the clinician in designing individualized cognitive-behavioral treatment programs for traumatized women. Complete instructions are given for sensitively gathering needed information and delivering effective time-limited interventions. Enhancing the book's clinical utility are numerous case examples illustrating how to implement core cognitive-behavioral techniques and deal with common problems and complications in treatment. Mental health professionals, including clinical psychologists, psychiatrists, social workers, nurses, and rape crisis counselors, as well as students and trainees in these fields.
- Author BiographyEdna B. Foa, PhD, Professor at the Allegheny University of the Health Sciences, Director of the Center for the Treatment and Study of Anxiety, is an internationally renowned authority on the psychopathology and treatment of anxiety. Her research aiming at delineating etiological frameworks and targeted treatment has been highly influential and she is currently one of the leading experts in the areas of posttraumatic stress disorders. The program she has developed for rape victims is considered to be the most effective therapy for post-trauma sequela. She has published several books and over 200 articles and book chapters, has lectured extensively around the world, and was chair of the PTSD work group of the DSM-IV. Dr. Foa is the recipient of numerous awards and honors, including the Distinguished Scientist Award from the Scientific section of the American Psychological Association, the First Annual Outstanding Research Contribution Award from the Association for the Advancement of Behavior Therapy, and the American Psychological Association Award for Distinguished Scientific Contributions to Clinical Psychology.
- Author(s)Barbara Olasov Rothbaum,Edna B. Foa
- PublisherGuilford Publications
- Date of Publication21/01/1998
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Series TitleTreatment Manuals for Practitioners
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGuilford Publications
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight662 g
- Width165 mm
- Height241 mm
- Spine27 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.