All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe first edition of this book was based upon the recommendations of the Quality Assurance in the Treatment of Drug Dependence Project, and provided a step-by-step-guide for therapists working with clients with alcohol or other drug dependency or misuse. Since publication in 1995 it has become well kwn for its easy-to-read style and wealth of practical resource materials. However, the evidence in the field has moved forward in the last eight years, creating a need for an updated edition. Retaining the trademark easy-to-use, up-to-date style, the Second Edition offers new chapters on pharmacotherapies, case management, young people, and dual diagsis. Other chapters have been updated to reflect the latest research findings and current practice, and the practice sheets and client handouts are made available online for downloading and customization by therapists.
- Author BiographyTracey Jarvis is a clinical psychologist with expertise in the treatment of substance abuse and dependence, post-traumatic stress disorder and other mental health problems. She has developed tertiary level educational materials and is an experienced trainer in the drug and alcohol field. She has also published research articles in scholarly journals and been responsible for a review of treatment outcome research. Jenny Tebbutt is a clinical psychologist with extensive experience in the forensic field. She has expertise in the complex psychological treatment and case management of court mandated adolescent and adult clients. She has a strong background in drug and alcohol and child abuse research. She has also published articles in scholarly journals. Richard P. Mattick is the Professor of Drug and Alcohol Studies at the University of New South Wales, Sydney within the Faculty of Medicine where he is the Director of the National Drug and Alcohol Research Centre. He has authored many scientific articles and books. His fields of expertise include the management of opioid and cocaine dependence, the treatment of young people and the application of pharmacotherapies for alcohol and other drug dependence. Fiona Shand is a senior research officer with the National Drug and Alcohol Research Centre in Sydney, Australia. She has a background in the development of training materials. More recently she managed the development of evidence-based guidelines for the treatment of alcohol dependence for the Australian Government's National Alcohol Strategy. Fiona has also published articles in scientific journals.
- Author(s)Fiona Shand,Jenny Tebbutt,Richard P. Mattick,Tracey J. Jarvis
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication24/03/2005
- SubjectPsychology: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationChichester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight568 g
- Width168 mm
- Height244 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Foreword byNick Heather
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.01Trending at AU $36.67
- AU $47.85Trending at AU $48.79
- AU $32.52Trending at AU $40.62
- AU $30.43Trending at AU $31.22
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.88
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $26.56Trending at AU $29.34
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.