Treatment Manual for Anorexia Nervosa: A Family-Based Approach by Daniel Le Grange, James Lock (Hardback, 2012)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $78.17Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $63.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis indispensable manual presents the leading empirically supported treatment approach for adolescents with arexia nervosa (AN). What sets family-based treatment apart is the central role played by parents and siblings throughout therapy. The book gives practitioners a clear framework for mobilizing parents to promote their child's weight restoration and healthy eating; improving parent-child relationships; and getting adolescent development back on track. Each phase of therapy is described in session-by-session detail. In-depth case illustrations show how to engage clients while flexibly implementing the validated treatment procedures. New to This Edition *Reflects the latest kwledge on AN and its treatment, including additional research supporting the approach. *Clarifies key concepts and techniques. *Chapter on emerging directions in training and treatment dissemination. *Many new clinical strategies.
- Author BiographyJames Lock, MD, PhD, is a child psychiatrist and Professor of Child Psychiatry and Pediatrics in the Division of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry and Child Development, Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Stanford University. He is the director of the Eating Disorders Program in the Division of Child Psychiatry and psychiatric director of an inpatient eating disorder program for children and adolescents at Lucile Salter Packard Children's Hospital at Stanford. The author of numerous scientific publications on eating disorders in youth, Dr. Lock is a recipient of the Price Family Foundation Award for Research Excellence from the National Eating Disorder Association, an NIMH Early Career Development Award, and an NIMH Mid-Career Development Award. Daniel Le Grange, PhD, is Professor in the Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Neuroscience and Director of the Eating Disorders Program at The University of Chicago. He trained at the Institute of Psychiatry, University of London, and was a member of the team at the Maudsley Hospital in London that developed family-based treatment for anorexia nervosa. He is the author of numerous research publications and received a National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH) Early Career Development Award. Dr. Le Grange is currently principal investigator for studies on treatment of both bulimia nervosa and anorexia nervosa.
- Author(s)Daniel Le Grange,James Lock
- PublisherGuilford Publications
- Date of Publication05/10/2012
- SubjectPsychiatry & Clinical Psychology: Professional
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGuilford Publications
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight566 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine36 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.67Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.12Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.02Trending at AU $36.09
- AU $28.51Trending at AU $29.80
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.