Treatment of Dry Skin Syndrome: The Art and Science of Moisturizers by Springer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. KG (Hardback, 2012)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $365.50+ AU $7.50 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $422.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDevelopment of moisturizers is a scientific and artistic discipline, where consumer insights are also needed. This new book bridges the gap between the moisturizers and the skin by covering all the essential information required to tailor the use of moisturizers to particular disorders and patients. Important aspects of skin biochemistry and barrier function are explained, and the ingredients and treatment effects of moisturizers are explored in depth. Careful attention is paid to controversies, including the role of certain moisturizers in inducing dryness/eczema, asthma, and comedones. The information provided in this unique book will enable the reader to go beyond the traditional thinking regarding skin care. The vel insights offered will suggest the properties required for a new generation of moisturizing treatments that more effectively improve the quality of life.
- Author BiographyDr. Marie Loden was appointed Associate Professor in Experimental Dermatology at Uppsala University in 2005 and is the founder and owner of the Eviderm Institute, Sweden, which is devoted to dermatological research and product development. Dr. Loden previously conducted dermatological research on chemical warfare agents and worked on the development of topical treatments at pharmaceutical and cosmetics companies. Her major research interests are skin barrier function, contact dermatitis, skin care, biophysical measurements, and toxicology. She has edited previous books and published almost 100 original papers and reviews. Howard I. Maibach is Professor of Dermatology at the University of California, San Francisco. He is a leading authority in the fields of dermatotoxicology and dermatopharmacology, in which he has conducted much original research and written very extensively. Professor Maibach has served on the editorial boards of more than 30 scientific journals and is a member of many professional societies, including the American Academy of Dermatology and the International Commission on Occupational Health.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. KG
- Date of Publication26/04/2012
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationBerlin
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. K
- Content Note120 black & white tables, biography
- Weight1451 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Edited byHoward I. Maibach,Marie Loden
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $192.00Trending at AU $201.31
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.70
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.30
- AU $64.76Trending at AU $68.73
- AU $76.98Trending at AU $78.19
- AU $108.88Trending at AU $111.12
- AU $90.00Trending at AU $92.05
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.