All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.78
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.10
- AU $35.12Trending at AU $54.44
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.00
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $35.62Trending at AU $37.37
About this product
- DescriptionThis timely volume fills a long-standing gap in the professional literature by providing an overview of contemporary assessment and rehabilitation of alcohol and chemical dependent substance abusers. Although many occupational therapists and other activity therapy staff work in substance abuse programs, few articles in occupational therapy literature address this relevant topic. Treatment of Substance Abuse: Psychosocial Occupational Therapy Approaches provides a unique overview of contemporary assessment and rehabilitiation of alcohol and chemical dependent substance abusers. The highlights of this insightful book include behavioral and educational frames of reference as well as specific treatment modalities such as stress management, activities of daily living, and leisure counseling. Contributors examine current polemics regarding programs that use methadone versus abstinence and theoretical concepts including the psychodynamic model with emphasis on the defensive structure underlying the abuser's personality, as well as leveled conceptual framework for considering treatment. A number of practical techniques are discussed within the overall context of each article; hence the reader will find usable guidelines for establishing boundaries of treatment as well as discreet ideas about methods and practice. Roles and functions of varying disciplines are reviewed in an effort to discriminate role clarity and provide implications for practice in relation to different models. This issue is valuable to the OT who seeks an understanding of the varying viewpoints and current practice in the substance abuse field.
- Author(s)Diane Gibson
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication11/01/1989
- SubjectFamily & Health: General
- Place of PublicationBinghamton
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHaworth Press Inc
- Weight226 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.