Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $7.99Trending at AU $8.27
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.89
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $71.21Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.39
About this product
- DescriptionThis book is also a section from The Everything Anxiety Coping Book! and is being made available for those who wish to read specifically about medical causes of mood disorders and their treatments. In this book, I address medical causes of anxiety and depression and the treatments available for them. Did you kw that there are common thyroid disorders, a heart murmur, adrenal hormone imbalances and blood sugar (glucose) problems that can all potentially cause or contribute to anxiety and/or depression symptoms? NOTE: This ebook is approximately 6,621 words in length. It is t an extensive medical journal but rather contains aspects of information on the subject that most laypersons would be seeking. The Chapters: CHAPTER ONE: Medical Causes of Anxiety - Subheadings: Mitral Valve Prolapse (MVP) & Mitral Valve Prolapse-Syndrome Hyperthyroidism-Overactive Thyroid Gland Hyper-functioning Adrenal Glands-Hyperadrenalism Hypoglycemia Hashitoxicosis CHAPTER TWO: More about Panic Disorder and Thyroid Disorders CHAPTER THREE: Anxiety with Thyroid Hormone Therapy CHAPTER FOUR: Medical Causes of Depression - Subheadings: Hypothyroidism Pain Syndromes Anemia Anxiety Disorders CHAPTER FIVE: Nutritional Deficiencies can cause Emotional Symptoms CHAPTER SIX: Is the Term Nervous Breakdown a True Medical Term? CHAPTER SEVEN: Coping Methods for Anxiety Disorders and Major Depression It is important that patients seeing their doctors for emotional symptoms be tested for possible medical conditions that might be a causative or contributing factor, especially if physical symptoms in addition to emotional ones are being experienced. Diagstic testing can serve to rule out medical causes but can also help treating doctors design a treatment plan for individual patients. In addition to medical treatments for anxiety and depression and for the conditions that cause them, I also discuss other coping techniques and methods for these emotional disorders.
- Author BiographyIn 2003 I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism; Hashimoto's thyroiditis being the cause. This autoimmune form of thyroid disease that causes destruction of the thyroid gland resulted in my also developing Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, due to a compromised immune system with severe co-morbid Adrenal Fatigue. I also suffered severe anxiety symptoms, including panic attacks early into the onset of Hashimoto's thyroiditis (Hashitoxicosis). A common heart murmur I was diagnosed with in my teens called Mitral Valve Prolapse, also worsened in severity of symptoms, with the development of these other health disorders. My eventual receiving of diagnoses was a difficult process with proper diagnostic testing not being ordered by the first doctors I sought treatment from. These types of issues were inspiration for me to become proactive in my own health care and to self-educate myself on these health disorders, which I have done extensively since 2003. I now enjoy sharing this information with other patients experiencing my same health disorders. I completed theology studies with Liberty University in 1996. I formerly served as editor and forum moderator of Thyroid Health for a major multi-topic content site and as a general health writer for another, where I received Editor's Choice Awards for my articles on health subjects.
- Author(s)James M Lowrance
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication20/06/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCoping with Problems & Illness
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight59 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine2 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.