All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.17Trending at AU $46.87
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $32.10Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.60
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.15
About this product
- DescriptionTrees are the most important structural element of any garden. Tree Gardens is the first book focusing on their importance in garden design and landscape architecture. Tree Gardens features both important historical and contemporary landscape design projects ranging from ten to thousands of trees; including works by such well-kwn designers as Frederick Law Olmsted, Andre Le Notre, C.Th. Sorensen, Daniel Kiley, Peter Walker and Michael Van Valkenburgh, among others. Each case study explains how the scale, context, species and spaces of trees on a particular site establish the expressive structure of the tree garden. Author Gina Crandell makes a fascinating case for the active management of designed forests, including preservation strategies, such as replacement of trees over time. We expect this book to fill a niche in the discourse on contemporary landscape design and to be an important resource for students, landscape architects and horticulturalists alike.
- Author BiographyGina Crandell was the Farrand Visiting Professor in Landscape Architecture in 2007 at the University of California. She also worked for landscape architect and publisher Peter Walker as Senior Editor of Land Forum: The International Review of Landscape Architecture, Garden Art, Environmental Planning and Urban Design. In her book, Nature Pictorialized: The View in Landscape History, she demonstrated through landscape painting how one could come to understand not only how nature has been pictured but how deeply intertwined our ideas of nature and culture.
- Author(s)Gina Crandell
- PublisherPrinceton Architectural Press
- Date of Publication01/05/2013
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPrinceton Architectural Press
- Content Note120 colour; 20 b/w images
- Weight567 g
- Width178 mm
- Height241 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.