All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThey were cutting the branches off the trees again.
When Zari first arrived in East London, she had wondered about the trees. She had never seen any fields and farms in London, like there were at home in Kosovo. But there were more trees. Or at least you ticed them here. In Kosovo, there were entire forests, but one thought about them because they were, well, just there.
In London, the trees look uncomfortable growing out of the pavement - as if they were refugees in a foreign country, too.
Zari's story takes you from the fighting in Kosovo to the concrete streets of the city of London - but there is conflict here too. You can't leave problems behind just because you leave your country as a refugee in the back of a lorry full of cheese! Making friends is a minefield in itself - and the secrets she discovers in the family just add to the trouble.
War, peace, faith, and nationality - everything is changing in Zari's life.
It's t just the trees that are feeling uncomfortable.
- Author BiographyJennifer Anne Grosser moved to London, England in her 20's to work with refugees. She lives back in the United States, where she is surrounded by trees (none of which are growing out of the pavement) and wishes she had a dog. She works in a coffee shop getting to know the people of Worcester, Massachusetts, and trying to love Jesus better and better. Trees in the Pavement is her first book.
- Author(s)Jennifer Anne Grosser
- PublisherChristian Focus Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication01/05/2008
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Place of PublicationTain
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintChristian Focus 4Kids
- Weight150 g
- Width130 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine12 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.