All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA guidebook to trekking the Slovene High Level Route, crossing Slovenia from Austria to the Adriatic. The 500km route is described in a series of 3-6 day treks of all levels of difficulty, which can be completed as single sections or linked in a number of ways for longer holidays. From Maribor, close by the Austrian border in the rth-east, to Ankaran on the Adriatic coast in the south-west, the route covers 500km of outstanding mountain and upland walking: the vast forested plateau of Pohorje, the sheer limestone peaks of the Julian and Kamnik-Savinja Alps with their via ferrata protected routes, the traditional alpine pastures and flower-strewn ridges of the Karavanke, and the forested hills and olive groves of the limestone karst country that stretch towards the coast.
- Author BiographyTogether Roy Clark and Justi Carey have around 50 years of mountaineering experience which has shaped their whole lives. Their passion for the outdoors has led to travels across the world, including Iceland, North America, Jordan and New Zealand. In 2002 they moved to Slovenia in search of new challenges, and are currently living in the heart of the Julian Alps, where they are happily exploring this new area and culture.
- Author(s)Justi Carey,Roy Clark
- PublisherCicerone Press
- Date of Publication14/05/2009
- SubjectWalking / Hiking & Activity Maps & Guides
- Place of PublicationCumbria
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCicerone Press
- Content Note23 maps, 23 profiles and 146 colour photographs
- Weight340 g
- Width116 mm
- Height172 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.60
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.92
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.49
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $40.07
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $35.13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.