All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis guidebook covers the Toubkal region, which contains the highest and most spectacular peaks, along with detailed descriptions for circuits in the less well kwn but equally impressive Mgoun massif area, Jebel Sahro range and Jebel Sirwa. The highest point lies in the Toubkal region at 4167m high. Each route is categorized as 'easy', 'moderate' or 'strenuous'. This refers solely to the amount of effort expended. However, because of the rocky terrain of the Atlas Mountains, some indication of the degree of seriousness is also given, where appropriate. All route descriptions, and corresponding timings, relate to summer conditions. In winter and spring, sw cover will make any of the scree routes much quicker and easier, but may block passes and prevent access by mule. The Atlas Mountains of Morocco offer an incredible variety of scenery, climate and terrain, where the Berbers' way of life has changed little in a thousand years.
- Author BiographyKarl Smith is an experienced mountaineer and explorer, and has written a number of articles and guides, including a guide to the mountains of Turkey, also published by Cicerone.
- Author(s)Karl Smith
- PublisherCicerone Press
- Date of Publication01/04/2004
- SubjectWalking / Hiking & Activity Maps & Guides
- Place of PublicationCumbria
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCicerone Press
- Content Note60 colour photos and 5 maps
- Weight170 g
- Width116 mm
- Height172 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.14Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $50.28Trending at AU $53.01
- AU $31.88Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.17Trending at AU $35.14
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.