All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.73
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionImmulogy has developed quite impressively over the past decade and perhaps very few fields in medicine or biology have grown so explosively. Completely new fields have been elucidated in depth. We recall only the definition of the nature and function of RLA antigens at the molecular level. the chemical and functional identification of several cytokines. and the correlation to particular immulogical functions of specific epitopes present on cellular mem- branes. The extensive application of immulogical techniques and concepts to the neurological sciences has led to the development of neuroimmulogy. a disci- pline in its infancy until few years ago. In these last years. neuroimmulogy has developed researches in various fields. RLA antigens were studied at the cellular level in brain samples and in CSF cells in several diseases. Cytokines. such as interleukin 1 and 2. gamma- and alpha-interferons. and tumor necrosis factor alpha. were studied at the immuhistological level and with quantitative methods in serum and CSF. With these data. new relevant insights were obtained on the molecular mechanisms underlying CNS immulogical diseases. Moreover. neuroimmulogical researches were carried on through the development of new and more 'specific' techlogies for the study of natural and experimental diseases. the most important of which seem to be. at present. the techniques of cell cultures for cell lines specific to the CNS (oligodendrocytes. astroglia. microglia. meningeal cells. brain capillary cells and tumor cells).
- Author(s)Bruno Tavolato,Carlo Cianchetti,Maria Giovanna Marrosu
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication26/09/2011
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note31 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight321 g
- Width170 mm
- Height244 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1990
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.