All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe ninth edition of 'Trends in Private Investment in Developing Countries' provides private and public investment data through 1996. This year's edition includes information about levels of investment in the G4 countries and about domestic capital markets as sources of finance for investment. There is great variation in the level of investment in the G4. Regarding domestic capital markets, while stock and bond markets have grown rapidly since 1980, they remain rather unimportant in most developing countries as sources of finance for private investment. This year's edition includes statistics for four major OECD countries for comparison with developing country trends. It also includes a discussion of domestic capital markets in financing private investment; even though stock and bond markets have grown at a rapid rate, they play only a mir role in financing investment in the developing countries where banks are a more important source of financing.
- Author(s)International Finance Corporation,Jack D. Glen,Mariusz A. Sumlinski
- PublisherWorld Bank Publications
- Date of Publication31/07/1998
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Series TitleIFC Discussion Paper
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo.34.
- Place of PublicationWashington
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWorld Bank Publications
- Content Notefigs.; tables
- Weight220 g
- Width203 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine5 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.65Trending at AU $96.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.43Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.