All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.80
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.96
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.25
- AU $35.12Trending at AU $54.56
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.27
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $35.62Trending at AU $37.45
About this product
- DescriptionThe second volume of this book series is based on a symposium held at Freiberg University of Mining and Techlogy in summer 2001 and focuses on various aspects of and recent developments in the global management of the resource industry. It ranges from an analysis of recent mergers and acquisitions within the world wide resources industry over a brief introduction of the Global Mining Initiative, GMI reflecting the new awareness of the resource industry to peculiar problems the resource-rich southern Africa mining industry faces. Additionally developments and activities in the world coal industry and future perspectives are unfold. As a major issue of the international mining industry financing risky projects in emerging or developing countries is illustrated with an example from Kazakhstan. Ather important contribution depicts the important role traders have in marketing the mine product to the final customers. Based on the extensive insider kw-how of the author an overview of developments and trends in the aluminum recycling business is given. Finally, the expected impacts of new high-tech-developments on the mining industry in terms of requirements for raw materials are summarized.
- Author BiographyThe Editors: Peter Kausch: by education Mining Engineer with a doctorate in legal aspects of ocean mining; former senior director in Natural Resources industry. Michael Nippa: chair of leadership, management, and human resources at the Faculty of Economics and Business Administration at Freiberg University of Mining and Technology. Visiting Scholar at Marshall School of Business at U.S.C., Los Angeles, and Australian Graduate School of Management, Sydney. Current research areas: corporate governance, China, management fads, biotechnology industry, strategic decision making.
- PublisherPeter Lang AG
- Date of Publication01/06/2003
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintPeter Lang AG
- Content Notefigures and tables
- Weight210 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Edited byMichael Nippa,Peter Kausch
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.