All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $107.06
- AU $73.18Trending at AU $78.19
- AU $27.07Trending at AU $30.10
- AU $44.25Trending at AU $48.75
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.15
- AU $45.19Trending at AU $45.77
- AU $20.59Trending at AU $22.57
About this product
- DescriptionSergey Gandlevsky is widely recognized as one of the leading living Russian poets and prose writers. His autobiographical vella Trepanation of the Skull is a portrait of the artist as a young late-Soviet man. At the center of the narrative are Gandlevsky's brain tumor, surgery, and recovery in the early 1990s. The story radiates out, relaying the poet's personal history through 1994, including his unique perspective on the 1991 coup by Communist hardliners resisted by Boris Yeltsin. Gandlevsky tells wonderfully strange but true episodes from the bohemian life he and his literary companions led. He also frankly describes his epic alcoholism and his ambivalent adjustment to marriage and fatherhood.
- Author BiographySusanne Fusso is professor of Russian, East European, and Eurasian Studies at Wesleyan University. Her most recent book is Discovering Sexuality in Dostoevsky.
- Author(s)Sergey Gandlevsky
- PublisherNorthern Illinois University Press
- Date of Publication19/12/2014
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationDekalb, IL
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNorthern Illinois University Press
- Content Note3 illustrations
- Weight249 g
- Width85 mm
- Height55 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Translated byMs. Susanne Fusso
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.