All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionRoberto Bola's own preferred literary persona was as a poet and Tres is his most inventive and bracing collection. As the title implies, the collection is composed of three sections. 'Prose from Autumn in Gerona', a cinematic series of prose poems, slowly reveals a subtle and emotional tale of unrequited love by presenting each scene, shattering it, and piecing it all back together, over and over again. The second part, 'The Neochileans', is a sort of On the Road in verse, which narrates the travels of a young Chilean band on tour traveling rth from Chile to Peru and Ecuador. Finally, the collection ends with a series of short poems that take us on 'A Stroll Through Literature' reminding us of Bola's masterful ability to walk the line between the comically serious and the seriously comical.
- Author BiographyRoberto Bolano was born in Santiago, Chile, in 1953. He grew up in Chile and Mexico City. He is the author of The Savage Detectives, which received the Herralde Prize and the Romulo Gallegos Prize, and 2666, which won the National Book Critics Circle Award. He died in Blanes, Spain, at the age of fifty.
- Author(s)Roberto Bolano
- PublisherPan Macmillan
- Date of Publication28/02/2013
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Width130 mm
- Height197 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Reading Age16
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $192.00Trending at AU $201.78
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.86
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $64.76Trending at AU $68.89
- AU $76.88Trending at AU $78.38
- AU $108.88Trending at AU $111.38
- AU $90.00Trending at AU $91.76
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.