Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $39.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBack in Karachi for his father's funeral, Daanish, a young Pakistani changed by his years at an American university, is entranced by Dia, a fiercely independent heiress to a silk factory in the countryside. Their illicit affair will forever rupture two households and three families, destroying a stable present built on the repression of a bloody past.In this sweeping vel of modern Pakistan, Uzma Aslam Khan takes us from the stifling demands of tradition and family to the daily oppression of routine political violence, from the gorgeous sensual vistas of the silk farms to the teeming streets of Karachi--stinking, crumbling, and corrupt.
- Author BiographyUzma Aslam Khan grew up in Karachi, Pakistan, and has lived in New York and Arizona. She lives in Lahore, Pakistan.
- Author(s)Uzma Aslam Khan
- PublisherSt Martin's Press
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSt Martin's Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight590 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.25
- AU $24.16Trending at AU $29.95
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $75.18
- AU $19.98Trending at AU $20.58
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $31.14
- AU $47.56Trending at AU $49.65
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.