All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.01Trending at AU $36.67
- AU $13.42Trending at AU $19.99
- AU $30.43Trending at AU $31.22
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.88
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $14.82Trending at AU $17.85
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $17.43
About this product
- DescriptionTrial-Based Cognitive Therapy presents a model that, although still inherently Beckian, organizes kwn cognitive and behavioral techniques in a step-by-step fashion in order to make cognitive therapy easier for the new therapist to learn, easier for patients to understand, and simpler to implement. Based on and backed up by a series of published studies, Trial-Based Cognitive Therapy lays out structured strategies for changing core beliefs about the self, and its clear, coherent, integrative conceptualization of psychopathology is presented as an easy-to-remember case-formulation model that is useful for both the therapist and the client. This book introduces a new approach, the Trial-Based Cognitive Therapy (TBCT), whose main technique, the Trial-Based Thought Record (TBTR), is a structured strategy to change core beliefs about the self and is presented as a law-centered analogy in which the therapist engages the client in a simulation of the judicial process. Perfect for psychotherapists at any level, Trial-Based Cognitive Therapy presents a balanced blend of theory advancement, scientific scrutiny of a new method, and practical application.
- Author BiographyIrismar Reis de Oliveira, MD, PhD, is a professor in the department of neurosciences and mental health at the Federal University of Bahia, Brazil. Dr. de Oliveira maintains a private practice and is the editor of Standard and Innovative Strategies in Cognitive Behavior Therapy and coeditor of Integrating Psychotherapy and Psychopharmacology.
- Author(s)Irismar Reis de Oliveira
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication20/10/2014
- SubjectPsychiatry & Clinical Psychology: Professional
- Series TitleClinical Topics in Psychology and Psychiatry
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note36 black & white illustrations, 29 black & white tables, 36 black & white line drawings
- Weight326 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.